Recent version 6.2.2 was released on Sep 09, 2014.
Helicon Focus can be used to create focused images from several partially focused images by combining the areas that are in focus.
The program is designed for:
- micro photography (camera + optical microscope )
- macro photography (camera + macro lenses )
- landscape photography (infinite depth of field )
Helicon Focus is a powerful tool to cope with problems of shallow focus and to increase the depth of field. The program will also align the objects in each image as they will most likely be seen from a different perspective in each one. This is especially handy for macrophotography.
Helicon 3D Viewer is a free utility to manipulate 3D models produced by Helicon Focus.
Use free Helicon 3D Viewer to share your 3D results with your colleagues and friends.
Helicon Focus Lite (basic license):
See also: Helicon Focus workflow.
- automatically adjusts and resizes images (important for stereomicroscopes and macrophotography),
see samples here ;
- optimized to use all processors available with Apple's Grand Central Dispatch technology:
- 1.7 times faster with 2 processors (it is true for all Core 2 Duo Intel Macs);
- 2.3 times faster with 4 processors (it is true for all 1 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon Macs);
- would you like to test performance on your 2 x Quad-Core Intel Xeon Mac? ;)
- has no limitation on image resolutions (you need at least 512M RAM to work with 8Mp+ images);
- processes an unlimited number of images in the stack;
- preserves details by using advanced interpolators for image manipulation (Lanczos, Sinc256);
- internal workflow always uses 16 bit color depth to preserve colors;
- provides possibility to clean dust artifacts, by removing black points from the resulting images;
- automatically adjusts brightness of the adjacent images;
- reads RAW, 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, etc;
- writes 8bit and 16bit TIFFs, JPEG, JPEG 2000, BMP, PSD, PNG.
Helicon Focus Pro (advanced license):
- includes all the features of the Lite version;
- retouching brush to clone from aligned source images to the resulting image
(cannot be performed with external photo editor);
- 2D micropanorama;
- Export of 3D model of the object to Helicon 3D Viewer (included into Helicon Focus v4.2+ installation);
- Export of animated stacks (v4.2+)
Helicon Focus Pro X64 (premium license):
- includes all the features of the Helicon Focus Pro;
- enables running in 64 bit mode to get advantages of all available physical memory, significantly improves performance on machines with more than 2Gb of RAM;
Please be aware that Helicon Focus Pro X64 license is available starting from Mac OS X 10.5 only! For Mac OS X 10.4.11 users we deployed 4.0.5 version.